I made 3 pans of Good Morning Granola. I haven't made this in a l-o-n-g time because of the high calorie content, but my husband l-o-v-e-s this granola -- so I made him a big batch to enjoy. The smell and the taste brought back a lot of memories -- of a time not so very long ago when I made this recipe weekly! I'm hoping it will make my husband s-m-i-l-e when he sees it! :)
Here's the recipe, in case you want to see if it makes your husband smile too! ;)
Good Morning Granola
12 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup almonds, sliced or slivered
1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
1 cup coconut flakes
1 1/2 cup canola oil
2 cups honey
1 cup water
1 1/2 TBSP vanilla
(I snuck in 1/2 cup ground flax seed, too -- but don't tell my husband!)
1. Mix dry ingredients thoroughly in a large bowl.
2. In a glass bowl, (I use a large glass measuring cup.) mix oil, honey and water and heat in microwave for about 2 minutes.
3. Add vanilla and stir well.
4. Pour over oat mixture.
5. Mix together thoroughly.
6. Spoon granola onto 2 or 3 large baking sheets sprayed with Pam.
7. Bake at 325 degrees F for about 30 minutes, stirring every ten minutes or so, and rotating pans from top shelf to bottom.
8. Let cool on baking sheets. Break apart and store in airtight containers.
Watch out -- or granola will mysteriously disappear from the pans!
Everyone was so excited about the pans of granola I made, that Hannah and I decided to whip up a batch of Peanut Butter Granola, which is the children's favorite. This granola is Very Easy to make and is really delicious! A real treat is to eat a bowlful warm from the oven with milk on top!!!
Peanut Butter Granola
1 cup canola oil
1 cup honey
2 cups peanut butter (I like crunchy best.)
14 cups rolled oats (quick or old fashioned, whichever you prefer)
1. Measure oil, honey, and peanut butter into a large glass measuring cup or bowl.
2. Heat in microwave for 2 minutes. Stir well.
3. Pour over oats.
4. Mix thoroughly.
5. Spread into 2 baking sheets sprayed with Pam.
6. Bake at 300 degrees F for about 20 minutes.
Now, my house is really smelling GOOD! :) And no one can wait until breakfast . . . .