The 4-Step Tupler Technique® includes:
- Tupler Technique® Exercises (Elevator, Contracting & Headlifts)
- Splinting with the Diastasis Rehab Splint®
- Using your abdominals correctly with activities of daily living
- Getting up and down correctly
- Gravity affects your ability to engage the transverse muscle. It is best to exercise in a seated or standing position.
- Belly breathing puts the transverse muscle in the right starting and ending position.
- In a backlying position when the shoulders come off the floor, it is impossible to engage the transverse muscle.
- A forward crossover movement will make the diastasis larger. Avoid activities such as tennis and golf until your diastasis is healed.
- NEVER do sit-ups or crunches, as these movements actually create a diastasis or make one larger!!