I recently made some of this crunchy coconut granola to have on hand while we had guests here for the wedding. It was so delicious and disappeared quickly! You will need coconut oil to make it, so if you don't have some in your pantry, make sure you enter my giveaway for a quart of Tropical Traditions Virgin Coconut Oil. Giveaway ends tomorrow at midnight (EST).
Crunchy Coconut Granola
6 cups old-fashioned oats
1 cup unsweetened, shredded coconut
1 cup sliced or slivered almonds
1/2 cup ground flax seeds (grind in your coffee grinder)
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup (raw) honey
1/2 cup virgin coconut oil
4 TBSP water
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp sea salt
1. Combine first five ingredients in a large bowl. Stir well; set aside.
2. Melt coconut oil and honey and stir together. Add remaining ingredients and stir well.
3. Spread mixture evenly in two lightly greased cookie sheets with sides.
4. Bake at 325 degrees F for about 30 minutes, or until golden brown, stirring every ten minutes or so. When almost done, I just turn the oven off and leave it in there while the oven cools down.
5. Let cool and transfer to an airtight container. Store in a cool, dry place for up to a month or more.
Yield: 11 cups.
Virgin Coconut Oil, Gold Label - 1 pint