Looking for a simple, kid-pleasing but nutritious weeknight meal? Give this recipe a try! My family enjoyed this easy skillet chicken recipe.
Skillet Chicken with Honey-Mustard Mayo Sauce
8 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
salt and pepper to taste
olive oil as needed
1/2 cup mayonnaise
3 TBSP honey
4 TBSP Dijon mustard
To make the chicken:
1. Mix together the seasonings.
2. Lightly season the chicken breasts on both sides with the seasonings.
3. In a skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat and brown the chicken for about 5 minutes each side, cooking until chicken is cooked through. (I recommend using an electric skillet, if you have one. I love using mine!)
To make the honey-mustard mayo sauce:
1. In a small bowl, whisk together all sauce ingredients.
2. Chill until ready to serve.
Serve each chicken breast with a dollop of the honey-mustard-mayo sauce on top.
This was delicious served with my creamy cheese grits and steamed broccoli/cauliflower drizzled with butter!
*Recipe adapted from Saving Dinner the Low-Carb Way by Leanne Ely.