Now that the heat and humidity have arrived, I enjoy making a skillet supper, so I don't have to turn on the oven and heat up the house. This quick and easy meal is a family favorite!
Spicy Skillet Pork Chops
2 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons cumin
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
8 pork chops (center cut boneless are our favorite)
olive oil as needed
2 TBSP butter
1 cup chicken broth
1. Mix all spices together and evenly sprinkle half over the top of the pork chops.
2. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. (I like to use my electric skillet!)
3. Place spiced side of the pork chops down in the hot skillet. Cook about 5 minutes on one side until browned, but not blackened. (Turn down the heat if they're cooking too fast.)
4. While pork chops are cooking on the first side, sprinkle spice mixture on the uncooked side.
5. Flip them over once; finish cooking.
6. Remove chops from skillet and keep warm.
7. When all chops are cooked, add butter to skillet and whisk up browned bits with a wire whisk. Turn the heat up a little, add chicken broth, and keep whisking till the sauce reduces to abut half.
8. Serve pork chops with sauce spooned over top.
I served my pork chops with rice, and a squash and onion medley sauteed in butter. YUM! :)
* Time-saving tip -- While I'm mixing up the spices, I go ahead and quadruple the seasoning ingredients and save them in a recycled spice container. That way I have the spice mixture all ready, which speeds up dinner prep the next time around.
* Recipe adapted from Saving Dinner the Low-Carb Way by Leanne Ely.