A friend of mine is searching for a good chocolate chip muffin recipe, so I decided to take on the challenge of finding one for her. I think I found a winner on the very first try!
Introducing . . .
Sour Cream Chip Muffins
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/3 cups sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups sour cream
10 TBSP butter, melted
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (mini chips would be best)
1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
2. In another large bowl, combine the egg, sour cream, melted butter, and vanilla.
3. Stir into dry ingredients just until batter is combined. Do not over mix!
4. Fold in chocolate chips.
5. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups 3/4 full of batter.
6. Bake at 350 degree F (pre-heated) oven for 18-20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
7. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire rack.
Yield: 2 dozen. If you have a small family, freeze half for another time, or share with a neighbor!
Option: I think these would be delicious with blueberries instead of chocolate chips!
Source: The Taste of Home Cookbook.