Looney Meatball Soup
2 carrots, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped
1 zucchini, chopped
2 cups V-8 juice
4 cups beef broth
1/2 cup small pasta (we like the extra small shells)
1 batch Looney Meatballs
1. Saute the vegetables for 5 minutes in olive oil in your soup pot.
2. Add the V-8 juice and beef broth and bring to a boil.
3. Let soup simmer on low until about an hour before you want to eat. Then add meatballs. (You may want to add them a bit sooner if they are frozen.)
4. When meatballs are heated through, turn up heat a bit and add pasta. Cook until pasta is tender and serve. (Small pasta gets done quickly!)
5. Serve with Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top and a loaf of Italian bread! :)
Note: This serves about 6 to 8 as written. I double for my family and have some leftover for lunch the next day! :)