Looking for something special for breakfast? How about these amazing muffins served with scrambled eggs?
These muffins are a little more involved than your average muffin, so you might want to make them the night before! But, believe me, they are worth the work! Especially if you serve them spread with cream cheese!! Oh, they are heavenly!
Morning Glory Muffins
2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/4 cups raw sugar (or regular sugar)
3 teaspoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup applesauce
1/2 cup melted butter or coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanllla
2 cups grated carrots
1 medium tart apple, peeled and grated
1 8-oz can crushed pineapple, drained
1/2 cup flaked coconut
12 cup raisins (I used Craisins instead)
1/2 cup chopped walnutls
1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients.
2. in another bowl, combine the eggs, apple sauce, coconut oil (or butter) and vanilla.
3. Stir liquid ingredients into dry ingredients just until moistened (batter will be thick).
4. Stir in carrots, apple, pineapple, coconut, raisins and nuts.
5. Fill greased muffin cups two-thrids full.
6. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 20 minutes or until done. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
7. Serve with cream cheese for a really delicious treat!
Yield: 2 dozen (can freeze some if you like)